The labor and employment law attorneys at Foos & Lentz of Dayton represent employers in claims made by employment applicants as well as both current and former employees.
While many claims made by employees are legitimate, many others are not. They may be trivial in nature, not based on fact, or they may be malicious actions by people who are angry or just seeking to cash in. All these cases are important to a business because they affect the organization’s reputation and its ability to focus on business operations.
We Can Help Answer Your Employment Law Questions
We advise and represent clients on a full range of employment law-related issues, including anti-discrimination (whether sex, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or FMLA), anti-harassment, wage and hour, fair labor practices, health and safety (OSHA), union negotiations, employment contracts, severance and unemployment, compensation arrangements, layoffs, and non-compete issues. If charges are brought with an enforcement agency or court, then we defend our clients vigorously. We also provide training to managers, executives, and HR professionals so that problems can be avoided in the future.
Representation for Employment Issues
Our attorneys represent employers and individuals in the courtroom or in administrative hearings. We have provided legal representation and handled claims before the following agencies:
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS)
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Ohio’s Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC)
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA)
- Ohio Department of Job & Family Services (ODJFS)
We have also handled numerous arbitrations of employment law issues.
Business Consultation for Employer Concerns and Compliance
Litigation is not the only service we offer our clients. We also consult on a host of matters to keep businesses in compliance with the law and to avoid lawsuits. We prepare and review:
- Policies and procedures statements
- Employee handbooks and manuals
- Performance evaluation materials
- Job offers and employment agreements
- Negotiating and drafting noncompetition and other agreements
- Advising on intellectual property and trade secret protection
- Labor law compliance issues that arise
Let Us Help Your Business Succeed
You have worked hard to build your business and we will work hard to help you protect it. To discuss claims made by an employee, or for review of your employment materials, talk to the employment law lawyers at Foos & Lentz.